Book Inspired Crafts


I love books.  I love crafts.  What's even better?  Book crafts!!  I was going through some of my photos from a couple of years ago and came across a few book inspired crafts.

I'm still using this felt needle book and felt pincushion I made based on some of Kurt Vonnegut's illustrations from Breakfast of Champions and the quote "so it goes" from Slaughterhouse-Five.



I sent out these cards also based on his illustrations in honor of his birthday (and Armistice Day).  I sketched out the designs with pencil on felt, embroidered, and then sewed the felt to card stock.


Have you read any of Mo Willems' books?  Hilarious.  Inspired by Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, I embroidered Pigeon onto a little tote bag for Kai to carry his toys in.  It was my first attempt at fill stitches (satin, and long and short stitch), so I was pretty proud of it!


This was a tote bag I made for a friend based on Tony Vigorito's Just A Couple of Days (one of my all time favorite books).  I used some crewel letter patterns from a 70's craft book that the same friend had given me...  This may just be my favorite embroidery project to date.





Have you made anything based on a book?  I would love to see it!  If you have anything, leave a link in the comments for us all to look at!

(You get bonus points if the pincushion made you giggle.)

Comments

Popular Posts