Happy Late Birthday Blog!

Untitled

I forgot my blog's first birthday a few days ago!!  Whoops!  So in (late) celebration of its one year anniversary, I thought it would be fun to make a scrapghan block that would be as closely representative of Signed With an Owl in shapes and color that I could get (in a short amount of time).

To do so, I grabbed one of my favorite crochet books, Crochet Inspiration by Sasha Kagan, and picked pattern 138. Circle.  Very quick and easy pattern!  (I'm sure I've mentioned this book before, but it really is great.  I love the pictures, and love how it has written directions AND charts!  I do love me some charts!)

Looking back, the blog has had quite a first year!  It was featured on a couple of blogs and sites, as was my Squaring the Big Circle tutorial.  It won a couple of blog awards (plus one I haven't blogged about yet- double whoops!).  I hosted my first ever giveaway.  I was asked by a fabric company to do a project with one of their pillow forms.  One of my crochet blocks earned me a signed Wool Omnibus from Hugh Howey. And most importantly, having this blog has introduced me to a lot of new friends from all over the world!

I wonder what's in store for its second year?!

Comments

  1. Happy blog Birthday - best wishes for many more creative years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats on your first blogaversary!! I enjoy your posts. Have a great weekend Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! This block is wonderfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bloggiversary!!!
    It's been a lovely year of reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy blog birthday!!!!
    i really love your new block!!!
    xxxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Kate!
    Your blog is super-inspiring.
    You are one very talented gal and I look forward to seeing what you get up next!
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your crochet square and the colour combinations you chose to do it in! It looks like a little rozette to celebrate your Blog Birthday!
    HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY!
    I'm glad you mentioned that crochet book title, I'm going to look into it!
    I've been busy this week on photo shoots to create material for a special monthly blog entry. I love doing this journey of self-discovery!
    Have a wonderful weekend! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welll HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY to you!
    I am so glad I found your blog because I enjoy your posts and photographs. There is always some inspiration to be found.
    The square you are sharing today is so gorgeous - the colours and stitches would be perfect for a pillow cover or lapghan.
    Anyway, I ramble - long live SWAO :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy happy bloggy birthday...yaaaaaaay.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. well Kate, I turn my back and you have an anniversary and a trip to london! i love all your pics of your trip, and i know the weather has been good over there...lucky you! congrats on your first blog birthday, and welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy bloggy birthday/anniversary. I love that block and I am going to try it.
    I was away at quilt market part of the time you were in London, so I have to go back and 'travel with you' to London.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Happy blog birthday! Congrats on all of those awesome accomplishments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary! I really enjoy reading your blog, & look forward to what the next year will bring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Signed with an Owl,
    Happy birthday to you!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts