Rambling Girl

Untitled

My Gram's 95th birthday is coming up soon. (I know, 95, pretty amazing huh?) I knew I was going to get her a gift card to a craft store (so she can pick out fabric for the doll clothes she makes), so all I needed was a fun gift card holder. What better gift card holder than a doll?

Untitled

In the Simply Crochet Magazine's 2015 Amigurumi Collection special issue, I found this adorable pattern for the "Rambling Girl" by Ilaria Caliri. (You can see the Ravelry pattern page here.) I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton yarn and an E (3.5mm) hook. (I'm loving using cotton yarn as opposed to acrylic for amigurumis.)

Untitled

I loved her little bunny hat! I'm hoping her little backpack will be big enough for a gift card!

Untitled

The boots and the little dress, which included a button and a button hole, were made separately. So it was my first little foray into doll dress making! The only thing I didn't do was make a pom pom for the rabbit tail because I didn't think it fit on the dress well with the back pack. I'm wondering if my tension wasn't as tight with the back pack, making it a little larger than intended in relation to the size of the doll. (But I thought she looked just as cute without it!)

Overall, I'm really happy with the way she turned out! Have you guys made any dolls with clothing?

Comments

  1. Too adorable and so well made, Kate! I love that little red back bag! What a lucky Gram! Well done for turning 95!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! It's a lovely idea!!!! Brava Kate!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts