Filet Crochet Coaster Set

Untitled

I recently revisited some filet crochet. There's something so satisfying about crocheting from a design drawn out on graph paper. (There is also a tiny bit of anxiety in hoping that what you've drawn out translates as well in thread as it did on paper!)

Untitled

I used size 10 thread and a size 8 steel hook. The coasters finished at 5 1/2 inches square, and the doily (or the "uber coaster" as I was calling it), finished at 17 1/2 inches by 11 inches.

Untitled

For filet crochet, I find that if I make a square- same number of grids tall by wide, the grids going width wise are longer than they are taller. So I added 2 rows to make the coasters closer to square. So these coasters were 15 grids wide by 17 grids tall. (If that makes sense!)

Untitled

I'm happy with the way they turned out, and like how they go together with the same edge treatment. However, I'm wondering if proportion-wise the doily would have looked a little better with larger scallops around the edge?

What are your experiences with filet crochet?

Comments

  1. I had done a bit of this type of crochet and it turned out fine. I copied one my mom in law had and it was hard work counting every stitch. You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love comments and will reply as soon as possible by email, or if you are a no-reply blogger, right under your comment in the post! Happy crafting! (If your comment doesn't show up on the site right away, don't panic! I have to moderate comments, so it may take some time for me to acknowledge that your comment isn't spam!)

Popular Posts